Intermediate Surf Lessons on Oahu
Intro to the North Shore! Are you ready to begin surfing some of the more exciting intermediate surf spots? Ready to master “duck diving” larger waves and develop more fluid turning skills. At Ken Bradshaw Surf School our Intermediate Surf Lessons in Hawaii focus helping intermediate surfers develop greater control in slightly more challenging waves and master the techniques necessary to generate greater speed and complete fluid turns.
In our intermediate surfing classes we go through a diagnostic and appraisal session of your current surfing level and examine the external variables that affect an intermediate surfer in their quest for speed, control and maneuverability.
Ken Bradshaw Surf School – Intermediate Surf Lessons Hawaii
- How to adapt your bottom turn to the more varying waves and conditions encountered at the faster breaking wave surf spots.
- How to select surf gear that is adequate for your level;
- Improving your paddling, sitting, and wave-catching techniques
- How to improve your positioning on line-up
- Timing, reading the waves, and priority rules
- The hydrodynamics of a surf board design
- Positioning your body for a bottom turn
- How to surf various types of waves
- How to gain speed and trimming
- Manoeuvrings: Off-the-lip, cutback, and floater
As an intermediate surfer wishing to improve your skills, Ken will surf with you and see what level you are at as well as checking out your equipment to ensure it suits your body weight and surfing ability as having boards suited to you is the fastest way to improve. After watching you surf a few waves Ken will let you know what techniques need to be tweaked to improve your overall surfing. If you are focused on wanting to ride bigger more demanding waves better we will focus on that.
Intermediate Surf Lesson Plan:
• 2 Hour Intermediate Surf Lesson
• Please arrive 15 minutes early to meet your instructor, Ken Bradshaw
• Maximum of three surfers per group
The average adult takes four to eight 3-hour classes and independent practice before moving up to the next class.
Each lesson is custom tailored for you. We have no specific times or schedule. We ask that each individual fill out the form below which will email us the dates you prefer for your lesson and we will work out the particulars with each person.
All lessons will be private. Ken would rather have to charge a bit more and really be able to pay attention to the individual. Correspondingly the maxim number of students per intermediate lessons is three (3) if all participates know each other e.g friends and family. Otherwise, intermediate surf lessons are restricted to 1-on-1 to ensure the personalized lessons format and maximum effectiveness.
- 1 person $250
- 2 person $350
- 3 person $450
$125 for each additional hr
Day rates also available upon request.
Additionally: For any intermediate level groups lessons, all surfers should be at a simular surfing level in order to ensure lesson flow and productivity.